This presentation was made by the Renewal Team on 3 June 2018.
We are going to ensure that the needs of Hillwood Presbyterian Church homebound/elderly members are met:
- Care through weekly mailing (bulletin & sermons)
- Contact from ruling elder & pastor- calls, visits, Lord’s Supper when wanted by homebound member
- Continue connecting the generations through children/teen/adult quarterly visits (CH&UC@H)
- Possibly connecting Member Buddies with homebound members
Whatever priorities we undertake, we will need to include all of the following ways of how to be involved:
- Prayer support
- Item Collections (supply drives)
- Hands on Volunteer Opportunities (face-to-face with those in need)
- Financial Support (through special offerings and/or operating fund line item support)
- Facilitating/providing a way for involvement of those beyond the church membership (collaboration with neighborhood, Playcare, other local churches)
We will need creativity in using particular individual gifts/interests in priority focus.
We will need to to learn along the way- priority focus can be woven into spiritual growth ministries, worship and music experiences.
Priority focus: We will build a Community Partnership with H.G. Middle School over the next 6 to 9 months.
Priority Focus: We will build a Community Partnership with Mending Hearts in 2019.